Invoke the transitional space of the forest to the valley floor with our Forest Edge pack.
These plants will thrive will 5-6 hours of sunlight but will tolerate dappled shade for the late afternoon.
Plot Size: 75-100sq ft
Soil Type: Well draining
Soil Moisture: Dry - Medium
Sun Exposure: Dappled Shade - Full Sun (less than 5 hours of sunlight NOT recommended)
# Plants: 22
# Species: 10
Hardy to Zone 4
Recommended spacing: 18" - 30" pending plot size and desired density
(1) Agastache urticifolia, Nettleleaf Giant Hyssop
(3) Allium cernuum, Nodding Onion Quarts
(3) Bouteloua curtipendula, Side Oats Grama 1 gallon
(3) Campanula rotundifolia, Harebells
(3) Erigeron speciosus, Showy Fleabane
(3) Geum triflorum, Prairie Smoke
(5) Muhlenbergia racemosa, Upland Wild Timothy
(1) Rudbeckia laciniata, Cutleaf Coneflower
Recommended additions also available from the Water Wise Store:
- Great Basin Sagebrush
- White Sage
- Wood's Rose
Plants are delivered as 7ci and 10ci "cone-tainers" unless otherwise noted.
In addition to your plants, each Water-Wise Plant Pack comes with a detailed description of each plant and a sample design.
Plus, $10 will be donated to the Bitterroot Water Partnership to support their initiatives for Water in the Bitterroot for Farms, Fish, and Families.
Your purchase of a plant pack will be doing TRIPLE duty to conserve our local environment by reducing water use, providing food and shelter to wildlife, and supporting our local watershed group the Bitterroot Water Partnership.